With so many machines on the market, selecting a new sewing machine can be difficult. To make your decision-making process easier, we’ve created a detailed review of the Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine that should help you make your choice. The Brother Innov-is F-Series is a line of sewing and embroidery machines that blend functionality, ease of use, and versatility, catering to a variety of crafting needs. This series includes the Brother F420, F540E, F580 and of course the F560, each offering unique features suited to different aspects of sewing and embroidery.
In this post, we’ll look at the Brother Sewing Machine‘s F560 main features, strengths, and weaknesses, as well as compare it to other sewing machines in the same price range that specialize in sewing. By the end of this post, you’ll have a better idea of whether the F560 is a good fit for your sewing needs.
Key Features of the Brother Innov-is F560
The Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine offers a wealth of impressive features that make it a competitive option within its price category. Let’s explore some of the standout features and their advantages:
- 3.7-inch LCD Touchscreen Color Display: The user-friendly touchscreen interface allows for seamless navigation and customization of your sewing tasks. Stitch options, settings, and other convenient functions are accessible with just a few taps.
- Comprehensive Stitch Library: Featuring 241 sewing stitches, the F560 caters to a broad spectrum of sewing projects, from simple to intricate. This flexibility is perfect for those who wish to expand their creativity and explore new techniques.
- Advanced Needle Threading and Automatic Thread Cutting: These time-saving features streamline the sewing process. The advanced needle threading system eliminates the hassle of threading the needle, while the automatic thread cutter swiftly trims threads for you.
- SFDS (Square Feed Drive System): This innovative feature guarantees smooth, even fabric feeding, resulting in uniform, high-quality stitches.
- Electronic Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure and Multi-Directional Sewing: These aspects provide greater accuracy and control when handling various fabrics and sewing in different directions.
Despite its many benefits, the Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine does have some areas where it is lacking, particularly regarding embroidery:
- Limited Embroidery Capabilities: The F560 does not include built-in embroidery designs, lettering styles, or editing functions. If you’re in search of a combined sewing and embroidery machine, you might need to explore other alternatives.
- No Wireless Connectivity: Unlike some modern sewing machines, the F560 does not support wireless connectivity. As a result, you’ll need to rely on the USB port for design transfers and software updates.
- Built-in Sewing Assistance: Some sewing machines now come with built-in sewing tutorials or stitch guides, making it easier for beginners to learn new techniques. The F560 does not appear to have built-in sewing assistance.
- Large Workspace/Extension Table: While the F560 does offer a reasonable sewing space, some machines on the market have a larger workspace or include an extension table for more extensive projects.
- LED Lighting: Many modern sewing machines come with bright LED lights that illuminate the work area, making it easier to see your project. The F560 does not mention LED lighting, which could be a drawback for those who sew in dimly lit areas.
- Touchless Presser Foot Lifter: Some sewing machines are now equipped with a touchless presser foot lifter, allowing you to raise and lower the presser foot using a knee lift or a foot control. This feature can help maintain better control over the fabric, especially during intricate sewing tasks. The F560 has a knee lift but the foot control is extra.
For all the included features in the F560 see the Feature List on the bottom of the page.
Comparing with Similar Sewing Machines
When evaluating the Innov-is F560 against other sewing-focused machines within its price range, it’s essential to determine which features matter most to you. Two alternatives to consider are the Janome DC5100 and the Juki HZL-F300.
- Janome DC5100: This sewing machine offers 167 built-in stitches and a wide range of features, such as an automatic needle threader, adjustable presser foot pressure, and a built-in needle thread cutter. While it has fewer stitches than the F560, it does include an extension table for larger projects and a hard cover for protection.
- Juki HZL-F300: The Juki HZL-F300 provides 106 built-in stitches, making it less versatile in terms of stitch options compared to the F560. However, it features a box feed system for consistent fabric feeding, a large sewing space, and an automatic needle threader. It also includes a knee lift, which the F560 offers as well.
In addition to the Janome DC5100 and Juki HZL-F300 mentioned earlier, here are two more sewing machines that are similar in price and features to the Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine:
- Pfaff Passport 3.0: The Pfaff Passport 3.0 is a portable sewing machine with a range of features for sewers of all skill levels. It offers 100 built-in stitches, an integrated dual feed system, adjustable presser foot pressure, and automatic needle threading. It also comes with a hardcover for protection and easy transport. The Passport 3.0 is typically priced around £600-£700 in the UK, making it comparable to the F560.
- Elna eXperience 570: The Elna eXperience 570 is another sewing machine with features comparable to the Innov-is F560. It includes 200 built-in stitches, an automatic needle threader, adjustable presser foot pressure, and a built-in needle thread cutter. The machine also features a 7-piece retractable feed dog system and a large workspace with an extension table. The Elna eXperience 570 is usually priced around £600-£700 in the UK.
When comparing the Innov-is F560 to these alternatives, consider which features are most important to you and how they align with your sewing needs. By evaluating the key aspects of each machine, you can make an informed decision on the best sewing machine within your budget.
Price and Value
Given its price range of £600-£700, the Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine provides a robust set of features and functionality, making it an excellent value. It is well-suited for sewers of all skill levels, thanks to its extensive stitch library of 241 sewing stitches, advanced needle threading system, automatic thread cutter, SFDS (Square Feed Drive System), and other useful features.
When comparing the price of the F560 to other sewing machines with comparable features, it’s critical to consider which features are most important to you. As previously stated, the F560 lacks some embroidery capabilities as well as wireless connectivity, both of which may be important factors for some users. If these features aren’t absolutely necessary for your sewing needs, the F560 represents excellent value for money.
The Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a versatile, feature-rich sewing machine. Its large stitch library, advanced needle threading system, and a variety of other features make it an excellent choice for sewers of all skill levels. If built-in embroidery functions are important to you, the F560 may be the best option.
|Innov-is F560 Sewing Machine
|Type of screen
|LCD touchscreen colour
|Number of sewing stitches *
|Built-in lettering styles (sewing)
|Built-in lettering styles (embroidery)
|Built-in embroidery patterns
|Built-in embroidery frame patterns
|Needle threading system
|Automatic thread cutter
|Jump stitch trimmer
|SFDS (Square Feed Drive System)
|Adjustable presser foot pressure
|✔ (up to 4 sideways)
|Adjustable thread tension
|Electronic slide speed control
|Speed control customised for zig-zag width
|Repeated single sewing
|Automatic reverse / reinforcement stitch
|My Custom Stitch™
|Realistic preview of the patterns
|Patterns – size change, rotation, mirror, ...
|Font size selection (L-M-S)
|Text editing functions – multiple line text input
|Free motion embroidery
|free motion foot: optional
|Multi Function Foot Controller
|Mechanical dual feed (walking foot)