This particular overlocker machine gives you a wide range of overlocking characteristics. It is a compact and sturdy machine that features precise stitch performance with high-quality stitches (even at high speed), which gives a professional finishing whenever you make use of it. Based on users’ reviews, the Janome 9300DX is impressive in its mode of operation; they seem to love everything about the machine ranging from its quiet mode of operation and easy adjustability to its excellent and superb performance. Overall this overlocker is just top-notch adhering to the fact that it can sew different types of fabrics and even bags with ease and without stress. So, if you are searching for a budget overlocker with exceptional quality, then the 9300DX overlocker from Janome is just right for you. It features an instructional DVD that would help guide you on how the sewing machine works and how to use its different stitches; this automatically makes this overlocker terrific for beginners. For more overlockers that are great starting machines, please read our What Are The Best Overlockers For Beginners post.
For a mechanical budgeted overlocker, the Janome 9300DX is quite impressive for the arrays of stitches its features. It provides for a 3-thread overlock stitch, a rolled hemstitch, a flatlock stitch, a narrow hemstitch and others. It also comes with a 4-thread safety stitch. The stitch length adjusted between 1mm and 4mm while the stitch width can be adjusted from 2mm to 5.7mm.
Dimensions: 39.8cm by 36.6cm by 32cm
Speed: 1,500 stitches per minute
Lay-in threading system
The Janome 9300DX features a lay-in threading system, which reduces the stress of threading. It is well known that threading is one of the most complex processes of using an overlocker. This threading system makes threading your overlocker simple and easy as it provides for a color-coded thread guide that takes you through the process of threading step by step. To thread, this overlocker is as easy as pushing the thread into the guide and through the lower looper after which all you need to do is to follow the color-coded guides on the machine’s threading path. Threading is made simpler because of the already pre-threaded overlocker machine, which makes it easy for you to see how the threads should be placed even before you start using the machine. In addition if you need or want to re-thread the machine, lift the presser foot to activate the automatic thread tension release system. The DVD and instruction book would help in simplifying the often demanding task of threading an overlocker.
Adjustable differential feed
The differential feed on this overlocker gives you terrific fabric control and precise stitches. One benefit that comes with this machine is the fact that you can make adjustments to this critical feature to suit any fabric you are working with. This can happen because of two key elements which include:
- A cutting width which can be reset from 2.0mm to 5.7mm
- A differential feed that features an adjustable range of 0.5mm to 2.25mm
Easy rolled hem conversion
Most types of overlockers, you will need to manually change the needle plate to be able to sew rolled hems, narrow hems, and picot stitches. But the Janome 9300DX differs in this aspect. The machine offers a comfortable, stress-free conversion through an inbuilt rolled hem feature, which allows you to pull a single lever to switch to rolled hems.
Retractable upper blade
To be able to retract the high knife to work on sewing tasks that do not need fabric trimming is always an additional feature in an overlocker, and luckily for you it can be found on this very particular overlocker. Janome made this a straightforward task on the 9300DX. You can have access to the release knob by opening both the side covers and the looper. Another feature of this overlocker that cannot be found in other overlockers is the fact that the cutting width can be adjustable from 2.0 to 5.7mm.
Offers beautiful stitches
Be it fancy edges, ruffles, decorative effects, or simple hemstitches that you wish to make, and this machine comes with an ideal feature that makes sure that your stitches come out perfectly. For instance, you can deactivate the upper knife for decorative sewing while a gathering attachment enables you have the very best edgings.
- Standard foot
- Gathering attachment
- User manual
- Instructional DVD
- Electronic foot controller
- A packet of ballpoint needles
- It does not generate too much noise during operation
- It does not wobble during use
- It features a thread tension dial, which allows you to adjust the thread’s tension to be able to sew whatever kind of fabric you are working on with ease.
- It is lightweight and easy to lift
- It is a fast sewing machine that sews up to 1500 stitches per minute
- It features an electronic foot control
- It features a differential feed which can be used for special hemming effects and help prevent the fabric from puckering
- It has a high-lift presser foot, which makes it easy to accomplish those thick fabric combination tasks.
- It is reasonably priced and affordable
- This overlocker is very easy to operate and equally user-friendly.
- It is quite hard to find a fault in this overlocker. The only slight problem associated with this machine is perhaps the fact that it is not good to use in poorly-lit areas as it does not come with an LED screen. This slight disadvantage is not that serious because you can easily find a way to work around it.
So far, this overlocker has been rated excellent from many past purchasers. Users seem to love everything about the machine from its easy adjustability to its brilliant performance, which, according to reviewers is reliable across all types of fabric.
The Janome 9300DX is a sturdy and robust machine, and it is among the bestselling overlockers you can get. The device is not complicated or hard to make use of, but it is easy to operate. It gives precise stitching, adjustable in functionality, reliability, and is unmatched in performance. It provides an owner basic and advanced features that are rarely found in other overlockers. It is ideal for every type of tailor. As expected, this particular overlocker comes with few to no faults. If you are looking for more information on what overlocker to get, check out our What Are The Best Overlockers Buying Guide.
Janome 9300DX Overlocker
- Standard 3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
- Machine Size: H 28cm x W 28cm x D 26cm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 5mm
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 1500 s.p.m. (appx.)
- Needle Guard Front & Back